Hi, I’m writer Elizabeth Howard.
I am a digital content strategist, SEO specialist, and creator of Demand Poetry.
What I do:
- I build WordPress websites for small businesses.
- I write and optimize dynamic (blog) and static site content for B2B and B2C.
- I create email marketing campaigns.
- I am an SEO specialist. Clients hire me to get them “found” in search engines by the audience who is searching for them.
- I make digital meaningful. Clients hire me to clean up content messes, clarify jumbles of manic techno-phraseology and to generally make their website content right.
- I write. Clients hire me to write what they want to say, but aren’t sure how.
I am a researcher and writer.
I currently work as the lead digital content and email strategist for international nonprofit.
As a journalist, I have written for Kansas City Star, Kansas City Business Journal, Hersam Acorn publications , among others. I studied journalism at Iowa State University.
Since the ’90s, my writing has been published in magazines, journals, newspapers, blogs, websites, and more.
I am a poet.
I am the human being behind live and online Demand Poetry events. I have been published in Boston Review, had a series published called “In the Details,” and led a writing group on the international writing community “Writing Our Way Home.”
I am a member of the American Society of Poets.
I own and use an Olivetti Lettera, the same machine used by Martin Scorsese to type his screenplays.
I am a person.
I am passionate about promoting the arts, especially public arts projects to improve the quality of life in towns everywhere. I dedicate time to social justice programs, especially programs that support reducing hunger and improving life for foster and adoptive children.
I am married to Colin Phillips, a software maniac. We have four teenagers. Penny the dog chases our kids everywhere. We love to travel and camp, and I am the designated selfie-taker in my family (as you can see).
Before moving to Lee’s Summit, I lived and worked in Connecticut, London, Kansas City, Walt Disney World, and my home state, Iowa.
I love music (especially live KC jazz, Pink Martini, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Shawn Colvin). I back the Packers, the Chiefs, and my alma mater, the Cyclones.