Hi, I’m Elizabeth Howard, the creator of Demand Poetry.
Demand Poetry is custom poetry: it’s your way to “hire a poet” to help you say things you’d like to say.
There are three ways for you experience Demand Poetry: by making a custom poetry request here; by requesting me to write poems at your live event; or by finding me writing out in the wild (live or virtually).
1. Request a Custom Demand Poetry
I write custom poems for you for any occasion. If you have any questions before you purchase, you can drop me a line via my contact form. Otherwise the process is simple.
- Place your order below. You can choose to send me a “prompt” (written info about the subject), or choose time for a short phone interview to discuss.
- Complete the follow-up form for with more details added (it will pop up after payment).
- Watch your email from me.
I write poems for mothers, husbands, honeymooners, daughter-in-laws, teachers, lovers, and more.
All Custom Demand Poems are typed on 8 x10″ paper (suitable for framing) and edited to remove most errors. (I try to keep the charm of the typewriter but remove the more glaring typos that come with old-school technology).
— Wayne D.
“My wife loved the poem.
My daughter and I enjoyed it so much. We read it through many times before I wrapped it.
Thank you again for the wonderful poetry.”
Order a Custom Poem Now
Who is Demand Poetry for?
- A special holiday gift for those who are hard to buy for!
- People looking for the perfect gift for mom or dad, for anytime (or maybe for Mother’s Day of Father’s Day)
- A husband for his wife for anniversary, wedding or just because
- Mom and Dad or grandparents, as a thoughtful graduation gift
- For a group of friends for a special event, like girls’ weekends
- The perfect birthday gift for someone who has everything,
- When you want to “treat yo’ self!” with a special kind of self-care,
- For a lover who wants to say “I love you” in a unique, original way.
Why Demand Poetry is a perfect gift
When you give a person a poem, it will be read over and over again. It will be talked about and shared.
It’s a piece of written artwork and it will be one of a kind.
My custom poetry holds your real experiences — real detail from you, but in a completely original way.
It is a brief and potent and personal.
Demand Poetry says: love. Hire a poet today!
2. Hire a Poet (that’s me) for your event
When you want to make your event more fabulous, add a poet! Fundraisers, anniversaries, parties, team building, and beyond.
I am available to write Demand Poetry at your live event. Interested in offering poetry at your wedding, fundraiser, or other event?
Ask me about my rates and referrals.
3. Find me writing Demand Poetry in the wild.
What is Demand Poetry? Demand Poetry is custom, original poetry I write on a typewriter, one-on-one with you. It is signed and dated. You keep the original.
You can find me creating poetry at live events, or occasionally creating poetry on virtual events via Instagram.
When I write poems “out in the wild” I don’t make edits or revisions. You receive the raw original — hot off the platen.
The best way to discover where I will be is to follow me at my Instagram: @demandpoet. I will share there when I offer in-person and virtual events where I write poems on my Olivetti typewriter. Each poem takes about 5-10 minutes to create. They are both imperfect, and perfect.
Donations are accepted for the poems via Venmo. Often I am raising money for nonprofit, so I encourage you to donate generously!
Demand Poetry, Step-by-Step
Regardless of how you meet me, this is how Demand Poetry works:
- You tell me a little bit about what you want. Is the poem for you or someone else? What is on your mind?
- I will ask some questions, but not many.
- I write the poem. Every poem is composed on my Olivetti Lettera, greased up and reconditioned by Mr. Typewriter, himself.
- You receive the original poem, either in person at the event, or via mail.
- Did you request a poem via a virtual event? You will receive an image of the poem via Instagram Direct Messages. If you want to receive the hard copy, a request for donation to cover costs of shipping etc. will be made.
Disclaimer: All Demand Poetry is original writing, created at the time of commission. Author retains sole copyright and right of publication of all work. Gratitude to Zach Houston for inspiring me to write Demand Poetry.