Hi, I’m writer Elizabeth Howard.
I am a journalist, #digital content specialist, and Demand Poet.
I am a website content fixer, SEO specialist and writer of what you wanted to say.
- I build WordPress websites for small businesses.
- I write and edit blogs and static site content for B2B and B2C.
- I create email marketing campaigns on Mailchimp.
- My clients hire me to integrate their social media.
- My clients hire me to clean up content messes, clarify jumbles of manic techno-phraseology and to generally make their website content right.
- Clients hire me to get them “found” in search engines.
- They hire me to write the things they want to say, but can’t.
I am a freelance researcher, writer and journalist.
Most recently I wrote for the Hersam Acorn publication: The Stratford Star. I studied journalism at Iowa State University and where I was an editor of the award-winning publication, The Iowa State Daily.
I transitioned to #writing features for The Kansas City Star and the Kansas City Business Journal, among others.
I am a poet.
I am the human being behind Demand Poetry. I have been published in Boston Review, had a series published called “In the Details,” and led a writing group on the international writing community “Writing Our Way Home.”
I am a member of the Coastal Arts Guild of CT and the American Society of Poets.
I own and use an Olivetti Lettera, the same machine used by Martin Scorsese to type his screenplays.
I am a person.
I am married to Colin Phillips, a software maniac. Jessie the dog herds our kids around the yard.
Before moving to Connecticut, I lived and worked in London, Kansas City, Walt Disney World, and my home state, Iowa.