So, your small business needs help in #marketing.
Where you are now
You may have one or some of these issues with your website and social media marketing:
- No blog, no “About Us” page and possibly zero educational or “news” info on your site
- A LOT of content on your site, but it’s really disorganized.
- A design that is functional but not current. It needs updating, but you don’t know where to start
- Some social media sites, and a website, but no idea how or when to post what where. They are just “there”.
- No social media, and no idea why you need it or how to use it.
First, you should know — you are not alone.
I regularly meet smart, established business owners who say to me:
- “Do I really need a website?”
- “I don’t know WHAT to say about myself on my website. Or how!”
- “I let my tech people handle my website.”
They are excited by the prospect of new marketing to their business. But they are also overwhelmed, and afraid to invest in precious resources into the wrong consultant.
You should also know: You are absolutely right!
It is overwhelming. But it isn’t an impossible task.
Hiring a Content Writer
All of the changes in tech and new marketing happened much faster than changes in most traditional businesses. The word “blog,” for example, is really so new it’s barely got the shine off of it. And it has had more reinventions than Madonna already!
In the late 90s, blogging and emailing only really began. That was just 15+ years ago! Now email is making way for texting, tweeting, Instagram, snapchat and more.
Compare that to the speed of change in the automotive industry. Or in appliances. Or in farming.
Tech change happens exponentially. That’s why you may feel like you have no idea what you are doing.
How you are feeling about digital marketing
And you feel like: hey, why am I bothering? I have no idea what I am doing or how to do it.
Or maybe: I still have some loyal customers. But I have no idea how to advertise anymore. I have a website! Isn’t that good enough? I miss the days of newspapers.
Digital marketing is one of the most important yet under-addressed aspects of small business.
Why? Because it’s terrifying. And it requires multiple levels of skill in technologies that change daily. If you feel overwhelmed, that’s totally understandable.
The facts: Digital Search is Where It’s At
- 68% of consumers say positive reviews made them trust a local business more (BrightLocal study)
- 81% of shoppers research online before purchasing (MineWhat.com study)
- Shoppers visit three e-commerce stores on average before making a purchase (MineWhat.com study)
- 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. (Search Engine Watch)
- 48% of users say that if they arrive on a business site that isn’t working well on mobile, they take it as an indication of the business simply not caring. (Via HubSpot & Zero Gravity)
The Answer: Hire an experienced content writer
Your website (and entire online presence) has three (+1) jobs to do. If it isn’t doing its job, then it stops your current and potential clients from finding you.
It’s job is to:
- reach and educate your customers (using the keywords they are using to find your products and services)
- tell stories that demystify your business
- provide your current and potential customers with the tools needed to connect them with what they need and want (payment plans, contact forms, delivery options, PayPal, product customization, etc).
- And the +1 ? Your website must function properly and be up-to-date, both in mobile and desktop formats.
- optimized #writing for both human visitors and search engines
- increased conversion rate
- brand differentiation
- the right language at the right moment;
- emotional and committed relationship with your customers;
- credibility for you and your brand
- complete social media integration
Content Specialist for Small Business Services:
- Digital Content Optimization
- Article writing
- Interview and Research Report Writing
- Copy Editing
- Website Mapping
- Social Media Integration